Advanced Agile Masterclass
with Alistair Cockburn
June 26-27th 2017
in Vienna, Austria
1190 Wien, Austria
26.-27. Jun 2017, (Hours each day: 09:00-17:00)
- International Thought Leader 100%
- Co-Author of Agile Manifesto 100%
- Top Industry Expert in SW Engineering 100%
- Author of best-selling Books 100%
- 04.-05. Dec, Wien, AT, Management 3.0 Foundation – Agile Leadership Seminar (German)
- 17.-18. Jan, München, DE, Lean Change Agent Workshop (German)
- 30.-31. Jan, Vienna, AT, Certified ScrumMaster®, CSM (English)
- 13.-15. Mar, Wien, AT, Certified ScrumMaster®, CSM – Intensivtraining (German)
- 27.-28. Nov, Vienna, AT, Kanban Management Professional, KMP II (English)
Agile Mastery in the Heart of Europe – Vienna!
Join Alistair Cockburn for an awesome 2-day Agile Journey
“Can I say on a personal note, since I came back it has relit the fire in me,
I can only thank you for providing the spark.”
Most “expert” agile practitioners have mastered the practices – but not why they work, how to adjust to new situations, incorporate results from other fields, tackle non-software projects, tailor practices to different organizational cultures. This advanced course from industry guru and Agile Manifesto co-creator Dr. Alistair Cockburn does just that.
In this activity- and discovery-filled course, learn how to
- Get the highest customer results in the shortest time,
- Reduce risk, maximize delivery from targeted knowledge acquisition,
- Get early results by laminating your system in place,
- enhance guest leadership in your surroundings,
- Improve collaboration in your co-working and meeting sessions,
- Back up your recommendations without religious arguments, …
This is not a course for the beginner or the faint of heart. Expect to be put through your paces, to dialog and argue, have your beliefs challenged.
At the end of the course, walk away with a rich, robust set of tools for approaching your project and organizational situations, and a freshened energy toward agile development.
Who is it for?
For: Intermediate practitioners hungry to learn the deep roots of agile, advanced practitioners bored with the usual conversations on agile.
- This is the course for you, if you have been working in the agile field for 3-15 years, have read many of the books and are ready for a deep dive into what agile development is all about.
- This is the course for you, if you have been working in the agile field for 1-5 years and want to amp up your capabilities to the next level.
- This is not the course for you, if you are a hot shot programmer or PM and want to strut your stuff.
- This is not the course for you, if you are looking for an introduction to agile, basic of Scrum, CSM, or project management
- This is a course for those, who want to inquire and to get themselves ready for whatever comes next.
- Class language: English
- Lunch as well as snacks and non-alcoholic drinks during breaks are included
- There is no mandatory pre-reading to prepare for the class, but people who attend say that the more you read of the following, the more you will get from the class: Agile Software Development: The Cooperative Game and “The Seven Properties of Highly Successful Projects” from Crystal Clear: A Human-Powered Methodology for Small Teams.
Dr. Alistair Cockburn (Cō-burn) was voted one of the “All-Time Top 150 i-Technology Heroes” for his work in creating and steering Agile software development.
He co-authored the Manifesto for Agile Software Development and the “Declaration of Interdependence,” created the first Agile Software Development Conference, co-founded the Agile Project Leadership Network, served on the board of the AgileAlliance, designed the Crystal family of agile methodologies, and co-founded the International Consortium for Agile.
Three of his books have won Jolt awards and been listed in “The Top 100 Best Software Books of All Time”. He consistently receives high ratings for his presentations and courses. Much of his material is online at http://Alistair.Cockburn.us.
The advanced masterclass from industry expert Dr. Alistair Cockburn goes way beyond the early phases of agile practitioners. In this discovery-filled course you will learn:
- Why agile works, and how to apply agile techniques more effectively in software or outside of it,
- How to plan and track larger, more complicated projects using Project Mapping or Blitz Planning
- How to get the highest customer results in the shortest time,
- How to get early results with the Test-Driven Carpaccio exercise,
- How to reduce risk and maximize effectiveness on your corporate, product, and project initiatives by viewing design and development as Knowledge Acquisition,
- Practice backing up your recommendations with solid theory, not just an appeal to authority,
- . . . and most of all
Come face-to-face with yourself, your strengths and your weaknesses, as you confront one situation after another with equally inquisitive classmates.
What people wrote after attending a Master Class with Alistair:
- “Mind exploding like crazy”
- “Alistair is the Chuck Norris of Use Cases. Applying use cases to the project life cycle has re-instilled my faith in project management.”
- “Alistair provided a non-intimidating environment to allow for mind stretching. I feel like I’ve been put through a mental wringer but all in a way that can only improve my value for my team.” –Nicole Hopkins
- “Excellent course… well worth the investment of time and money. I especially appreciated Alistair’s depth of knowledge and breadth of experience. I will be watching for other courses offered by him.” –Chuck Stoner
“The deep level of experience Alistair brings to the training adds significant insight to the domain.” –Dave Pugmire
- “I want my boss, my boss’s boss and my boss’s boss’s boss to take this course.”
- “In 20+ years of attending courses in software development this has been the best course. Great balance of theory and lab (hands on) work.” –John W. Cooley
- “This course was simply amazing! Dr. Alistair Cockburn has one of the best minds period. I have so much to learn. This course should be mandatory for all project managers.” – J. K.
- “He set out to challenge all of our preconceptions about agile, deconstruct them, and then help to rebuild our understanding using different lenses he’s crafted from his deep and extensive experience. The result being, that people walked away with more insight, understanding and approaches with which to advance their own agility and those of the people around them.”
Your Ticket Options
You want to organize an Advanced Agile inhouse training or workshop on Agile Leadership, Agile Project Management, Scrum or Kanban? Just contact us here and we will talk about an individual event design.