The Heart Of Agile
Taught by Dr. Alistair Cockburn
May 28-29 2019
From €1,190.00 excl. VAT
This event is hosted by a friendly client organization
1020 Vienna, Austria
28.-29. May 2019,
The Heart Of Agile in the Heart of Europe – Vienna.
With Agile Manifesto Co-Author – Dr. Alistair Cockburn
An awesome 2-day Agile Journey for Everyone!
It was a coincidence, software developers decoded the Agile Way of Working.
Dr. Alistair Cockburn, co-author of the Agile Manifesto, well-known book author and top expert in his field, was one of them. Today, with The Heart of Agile, Dr. Cockburn brings the core of agile ways to any industry and area of any type of organization.
This course is pure agile, for all job titles. It sets the standard for entry-level learning, and re-establishes the subtle aspects of agile ways of working for intermediate practitioners.
- Understand what is and isn’t an agile way of working, what forms the heart of agile, and how all the modern decorations on agile came about
- See how teamwork, communication & frequent delivery affect your project, initiative or service delivery
- Gather additional techniques
- Understand how your new way or working fits with agile & Scrum (one of the most popular frameworks in the agile space)
Who is this class for?
Who should Attend:
Job titles in any industry, people looking to understand the essential concepts and techniques of agile development, independent of any branded methodology.
- Why agile works, the central principles of agile development
- The “Heart of Agile”: Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect, Improve
- How to do incremental, value-based development
- How it fits with Scrum and non-Scrum approaches
- How to improve team habits
- Current topics in the agile world: Lean Startup, Guest Leadership
Attend this course from one of the founders of the agile movement to understand what is and what isn’t agile development.
- To develop a feeling for how teamwork, communication, customer interaction and continuous improvement affect your project
- to understand how your locally tailored way of working fits with Scrum and non-Scrum approaches
- and gather a few techniques to take home and use immediately.
This course replaces the ornate and complicated rules of the different agile approaches including Scrum with an emphasis on the four basic elements of good agile development:
Collaborating, Delivering, Reflecting, Improving.
The course serves to introduce agile development to people in any role in any industry. It is pure agile. The course has developed and evolved over a fifteen-year period, incorporating insights from different curricula and different schools. As such, it is suitable for people working in Scrum-based organizations, as well as those using a free-form style of Agile.
The main purpose of the course is to give attendees a deep appreciation for the power of agile development, when done effectively. Each of the core steps, Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect, Improve, gets attention, so that the student understand how and why each works and contributes to improved team results.
The course adds just enough theory so as a participant you have an idea of how and where changes can be made in real-life situations while staying within the agile sweet spot.
- Class language: English
- Lunch as well as snacks and non-alcoholic drinks during breaks are included
- There is no mandatory pre-reading to prepare for the class, but people who attend say that the more you read of the following, the more you will get from the class: Agile Software Development: The Cooperative Game and “The Seven Properties of Highly Successful Projects” from Crystal Clear: A Human-Powered Methodology for Small Teams.
Internationally renowned strategist, author of the Jolt award-winning Agile Software Development and Writing Effective Use Cases, he co-created the Agile Manifesto, the Declaration of Interdepen-dence, the Agile Project Leadership Network, the International Consortium for Agile and the Heart of Agile.
Dr. Cockburn is an expert on agile development, project management, process design, use cases, and object-oriented development.
Your Ticket OptionsThere is a total of 2 seats left for this event.
You want to organize an Advanced Agile inhouse training or workshop on Agile Leadership, Agile Project Management, Scrum or Kanban? Just contact us here and we will talk about an individual event design.