Starting at €0.00 excl. VAT
Address: TBA, Barcelona
24.-25. Jan 2017, 09:30-17:30.
Dive deep on Kanban – the Alternative Path to Agility. Start building effective Kanban Systems or improving existing ones.
Get your free ebook copy
- 05.-06. Jul, Wien, AT, KMP II – Kanban Management Professional (German)
Kanban System Design (KMP I)
Foundation-level Kanban training class. Officially certified via Lean Kanban University
“I want to know how to get started with Kanban or how to greatly improve the Kanban system I have now.” This 2-day Foundations-level Kanban training class, certified by Lean Kanban University, is for managers, developers, and anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals of the Kanban Method. The class includes the use of a Kanban simulation as well as exercises to design an actual Kanban system.
This interactive Kanban training class provides an introduction to Lean, Pull Systems and Kanban and the application of Kanban to successfully improve your delivery. Using Lean and Agile techniques, it provides a practical introduction into this new and exciting approach to accelerate the flow of work in your projects and operations.
The course satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class will complete the KMP status requirement.
And the opportunity for the Kanban Management Professional in Barcelona > March 15 – 17 2017! Including the Lean Change Agent Workshop!
Organization and Included Services
- Location: Impact Hub, Plaça Reial 18, 2nd Floor, Barcelona, Spain
- Schedule: 09:30 – 17:30
- Training language:English
- Electronic copies of alle materials, exercises, handouts and created posters (PDF)
- Lunch as well as snacks during breaks
Course Content and Objectives
The content of this course covers the following topics, presented in the form of interactive exercises organized in small groups, plus games, classroom teaching and discussion:
- What is Kanban? Background / Key concepts of Kanban, Principles, Practices
- Elaboration of requirements of a system and for a Kanban implementation
- Visualizing knowledge work from discovery to delivery (designing Kanban boards)
- Understanding and Controlling Work in Progress (from push to pull)
- Proactively managing flow (understand, measure, improve)
- Managing business risk and Making policies explicit (classes of service)
- Scaling via the Kanban Method
- Kanban in combination Agile methods (e.g. Scrum, Scrumban, SAFe)
- Kanban feedback loops and metrics
- Preparing and successfully starting Kanban initiatives
- Practically working via Kanban values as engine for change
Participants will learn how to design a Kanban system and initiate change with Kanban. They will learn the basic concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- How to identify and address bottlenecks
- How to work with shifting priorities
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- How to deal with important but not time-critical work
- How to avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- How to create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
The class curriculum is based on the work of David J. Anderson, pioneer of the Kanban Method, and author of the definitive book, Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business.
The KMP I class via Lean Kanban University offers the deepest format to learn Kanban for application in all areas of an organization. Users of the Scrum method compare it with the CSM or the CSPO class of Scrum Alliance.
Discover the advantages of using Kanban by attending this 2-day course, which is a thorough introduction to David J. Anderson’s Kanban method. During two days you will learn how Kanban is used to analyse and improve your system, and explore how you can benefit from it in practice. Learn the various potentials for shaping the business agility of your own organization. And take with you a bunch of valuable input from our extensive practical Kanban experience.
At the end of the course you will be able to design a Kanban system or improve existing ones. You will be prepared experiencing in practice how to use Kanban to improve capabilities of your organization, e.g. shorter and more predictable delivery times, better risk management, increased trust and continuous improvement.
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban ebook will be provided upon registration. Prior attendance at a Team Kanban Practitioner 1-day course is recommended but not required.
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
Qualification for the Kanban Management Professional (KMP)
This course satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class will complete the KMP status requirement.
Mike Leber, Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT), works as a Management Consultant, Lean & Agile as well as business coach with Agile Experts e.U. Having more than 25 years experience as a manager, IT consultant and coach with large international groups as well as with smaller teams and mature startups, Mike is well prepared to enrich his classes with hands-on advise and rich learning stories. Mike is an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) of LeanKanban University and also a Scrum Trainer, Management 3.0 and Lean Change Facilitator. Mikes passion is with topics such as leadership, innovation, design thinking and new ways for change management and the growth of highly adaptive “Learning Organizations”. His experience applying Lean and Agile with large IT and industrial organizations since many years feeds a deep learning experience. This is extended with a growing record from work with creative agencies, non-IT departments and diverse industries. In addition Mike is a recognized speaker at international conferences on Lean & Agile.
Your Ticket Options
Bookings are closed for this event. If you want to hear about upcoming dates, please contact us. Or you visit our event schedule for upcoming dates. And don't forget to grab our Newsletter and hear first about new offerings.
Need other payment options? Drop us your email about your needs!