Dive deep on Kanban – the Alternative Path to Agility. Start building effective Kanban Systems or improving existing ones.
Get your free ebook copy
- 05.-06. Apr, Wien, AT, KMP I – Die Kanban Methode und Kanban Systeme gestalten (German)
- 12.-13. Apr, Wien, AT, KMP II – Kanban Management Professional (German)
- 14.-15. Jun, Wien, AT, KMP I – Die Kanban Methode und Kanban Systeme gestalten (German)
- 05.-06. Jul, Wien, AT, KMP II – Kanban Management Professional (German)
Kanban System Design (KMP I)
Foundation-level Kanban training class. Officially certified via Lean Kanban University
“I want to know how to get started with Kanban or how to greatly improve the Kanban system I have now.” This 2-day Foundations-level Kanban training class, certified by Lean Kanban University, is for managers, developers, and anyone wanting to learn the fundamentals of the Kanban Method. The class includes the use of a Kanban simulation as well as exercises to design an actual Kanban system.
Registration is closed. Check out our alternative upcoming offerings.
This interactive Kanban training class provides an introduction to Lean, Pull Systems and Kanban and the application of Kanban to successfully improve your delivery. Using Lean and Agile techniques, it provides a practical introduction into this new and exciting approach to accelerate the flow of work in your projects and operations.
The course satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class will complete the KMP status requirement.
And the opportunity for the Kanban Management Professional Class in Barcelona > right after, June 30th – July 1st! For all taking the full package (at a discounted price) and for all experienced practitioners!
Organization and Included Services
- Location: Impact Hub, Plaça Reial 18, 2nd Floor, Barcelona, Spain
- Schedule: 09:30 – 17:30
- Training language:English
- Electronic copies of alle materials, exercises, handouts and created posters (PDF)
- Lunch as well as snacks during breaks
Course Content and Objectives
Participants will learn how to design a Kanban system and initiate change with Kanban. They will learn the basic concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- How to identify and address bottlenecks
- How to work with shifting priorities
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- How to deal with important but not time-critical work
- How to avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- How to create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
The content of this course covers the following topics, presented in the form of interactive exercises organized in small groups, plus games, classroom teaching and discussion.
- Background of Kanban, Principles, Practices and Values
- Understanding and Controlling Work in Progress (from push to pull)
- Visualizing knowledge work from discovery to delivery (designing the card wall)
- Measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams)
- Managing business risk and Making policies explicit (classes of service)
- Managing change and collaborative improvement
The class curriculum is based on the work of David J. Anderson, pioneer of the Kanban Method, and author of the definitive book, Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business.
Discover the advantages of using Kanban by attending this 2-day course, which is a thorough introduction to David J. Anderson’s Kanban method. During two days you will learn how Kanban is used to analyse and improve your system, and explore how you can benefit from it in practice.
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban ebook will be provided upon registration. Prior attendance at a Team Kanban Practitioner 1-day course is recommended but not required.
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
This course satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class will complete the KMP status requirement.
Your Ticket Options
Bookings are closed for this event. If you want to hear about upcoming dates, please contact us. Or your visit our event schedule for upcoming dates. And don't forget to get our Newsletter and hear first about new offerings.
Need other payment options? Drop us your email about your needs!