Certified Agile Leadership
June 18th-19th 2018
the next one with
Michael Sahota in Vienna
will be Dec 13-14 2018
Overcome Key Agile Challenges
Michael Sahota’s CAL 1 experience is intense 2 days of deep exploration into leadership, organizational growth and culture to deliver high performance organizations.
1070 Wien, Austria
This class is for Executives, Managers, Coaches, Leaders, who want to shape their own path towards effective leadership and drive high performance organizations.
This is the place start embracing full agility. It is the place to start being the change your want to see in the world.
The CAL 1 class is an integrated understanding of culture, leadership and organizational change. All of these are talking about high performance but from different perspectives. We provide an integrated view that enables rapid organizational growth through a proven playbook.
As a Certified Agile Leadership (CAL) Educator, Michael teaches on a worldwide basis. He is the number one trainer for the Certified Agile Leadership Program through the Scrum Alliance. Michael’s highly accoladed Certified Agile Leadership (CAL 1&2) Training reflects his growth and capability as a leader. He has been traveling to India for the past 4 years in an intense study of personal growth and transformation for his own leadership path. He practices and models what he teaches to create transformative experiences.
Since 2001, Michael has been guiding success with Agile. Since 2010, he has held his Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) designation. In 2012, he published the ground-breaking book “An Agile Adoption and Transformation Survival Guide: Working with Organizational Culture”. Michael has two books that are to be published this year: Emotional Science and Agile Leadership.
“Prepare to have your mind blown. This is unlike anything you will have experienced before. Get out of the matrix!” – K. Ali, Agile Development Manager
“Enlightening, Powerful, Life Changing. I see I am not alone and it’s OK to ask for help. I liked that the class was straight forward, amusing, and thought-provoking.” – C. Tan, Agile Program Manager
“Inspiring, Provocative, Challenging. Michael explained the role we all have and it starts with you. Be the inspirational leader and be the model of the desired culture shift. I liked how the delivery was a mix of exercises, lectures, drawing, and conversation. I feel I connected with the content.” – M. Fagan, Agile Coach
“Exhilarating, Soul Searching, Addictive. I now understand that I need to gain insight on my own leadership journey first.” – L. Fowler, Scrum Master
- Sahota Playbook for High Performance Organizations™
- Sahota 4A’s Leadership Model™
- Create the context for a high performance organization
- Connect leadership behaviours with organizational culture
- Foster an “agile” organization aligned with the Agile Mindset
- Redefine effective executive leadership
- Engage people to create high-performance organizational culture
- Sahota change model for Consciously Approaching Agile™
During this experience, participants will undergo a process of letting go of existing behaviours that block their abilities to be an effective leader. They will explore models of culture and receive a playbook to guide the next steps on their journey of creating high performance organizations. We shift the consciousness of participants so they they become aware of the root challenges and are able to discover lasting solutions.
- Pre-requisites: You are expected to have basic knowledge of Agile. This may have come to you through industry experience, reading, meetups or formal training. This course is designed for anyone seeking to foster a more “agile” high-performance organization. It is accessible and essential for leaders in innovation, lean, human resources, etc. – not just Agile.
- Course Pre-learning: Participants are expected to complete 2 hours of videos and readings in advance of the training. Then there is more time to focus on discussion and exploration. The reading guide will be shared with participants after registration.
- Where & When:
Fleming’s Hotel Wien-Westbahnhof, Neubaugürtel 26-28, 1070 Wien, Austria
Mon 18th of – Tue 19th of June 2018,
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Certification Requirement & Schedule
As part of the tuition, you will receive the Certified Agile Leader 1 (CAL1) certification from the Scrum Alliance.
As there is no test, the only requirement for certification is your full participation in the class. This means that you will need to schedule any travel so it does not conflict with scheduled class time. Late arrivals and early departures are not advised as it will interfere with creating a safe learning environment for others and will make certification discretionary.
What is the difference between SAFe and CAL 1?
SAFe has an excellent focus on Tactical elements of Agile such as the process, roles, multi-team releases. It is a wonderful way to adopt Agile practices in a large organization. One might say the focus is on Doing Agile. The focus here is on what may we do to improve things with as little organizational change as possible.
The focus of the Michael Sahota CAL1 Experience is an integrated view of Organizational Cultural, Leadership and Org Change. It’s about Being Agile: How we use an Agile Mindset to create a nimble flexible organization powered by engaged, innovative people. It’s all about creating a High-Performance Organization using Agile. You will learn a proven playbook for moving to high performance regardless of your role.
What is the breakdown of PDU's?
Do all CAL 1 trainings cover the same content?
All CAL1 trainings cover the same set of high-level learning objectives.
However, each training is as unique as the instructor. Each CAL1 reflects the unique leadership and organizational development journey of the instructor.
The Michael Sahota CAL1 experience, reflects years of professional practice that has resulted in several proprietary models and techniques that have been proven around the world to lead to high performance.
Thought-Provoking, Refreshing, Broadening
– S. Ahmed, Head of Digital Products & Operations, Bupa
Dynamic, Insightful & Practical
– R. Ellerman, CEO
Consciousness Expanding, Unexpected, Positively Different
–T. Gruber, Scaled Agile Coach
Inspiring, Beautiful, Empowering
– J. D’Jelal, Organizational Coach
Powerfully awakening and inspirational for my personal journey
– D. Whelan, Agile COE Lead
– A. Heath, Delivery Manager
Welcoming, Caring, Not pushing.
– Z. Sochova, Agile Coach & Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
Intense, Challenging, Growth Building.
– M. Mullins, Head of Communications, Technology & Operations
Enlightening, Engaging, Empowering.
– A. Ahmed, Scrum Master
Inspirational, Holistic, Honest.
– R El.ledge, Work Stream Lead, IT PMO
Scintillating, Frame-shifting, Upleveling.
– M. de la Maza, Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC)