The Alternative Path to Business AgilityKanban Management Professional (KMP I)
Nov 4-5 2016
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Design a Kanban system (or improve an existing system) for optimal flow and fast delivery.
Dive deep on Kanban – the Alternative Path to Agility. Start building effective Kanban Systems or improving existing ones.
Get your free ebook copy
One of the following ebooks included upon your selection:
The Alternative Path to Business Agility (KMP I)
Kanban Management Professional (KMP I) training class. Officially certified via Lean Kanban University
“I want to know how to grow Business Agility or how to greatly improve the system I already have now. How can I make this happen via the Kanban Method?” This 2-day Kanban training class, certified by Lean Kanban University, is for executives, managers, entrepreneurs, and anyone else wanting to learn the fundamental management concepts of the Kanban Method for direct application. If you already apply Scrum, then this training is the right place for you too – you will learn how to dramatically increase effectiveness of your Scrum. The class includes the use of a Kanban simulation as well as interactive exercises and guidance to design or improve actual Kanban systems.
You will receive insights into Lean concepts for knowledge work, the power Pull Systems and the application of Kanban for successfully improving your service delivery and fitness of your business. Using Lean and Agile techniques, it provides a practical introduction into this new and exciting approach for accelerating flow of work and discovery in the face of uncertainty in your projects, professional services and day to day operations.
The course satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class will complete the KMP status requirement.
Organization and Included Services
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Details TBA
- Schedule: 09:00 – 18:00
- Training language: English
- Lunch as well as snacks during breaks
- Electronic copies of alle materials, exercises, handouts and created posters (PDF)
- An electronic copy of either “Kanban” by David J Anderson (blue book) or Mike Burrow’s “Kanban from the Inside”
Course Content and Objectives
Participants will learn how to design effective Kanban system and initiate proper change with Kanban. They will learn all basic concepts of flow, pull and improvement opportunities. At the end of the training, participants will understand:
- How to identify and address bottlenecks in the system
- How to work with shifting priorities on demand
- How to deal with interrupt work and multi-tasking
- How to deal with important but not time-critical work
- How to avoid having work pile up in one place (or time) while there is a lack of work in another place
- How to create flow in the work, the information to perform the work, and the teams that do the work
The content of this course covers the following topics, presented in the form of interactive exercises organized in small groups, plus games, classroom teaching and discussion.
- Background of Kanban, Principles, Practices and Values
- Understanding and Controlling Work in Progress (from push to pull)
- Visualizing knowledge work (designing the card wall, from discovery to delivery)
- Measuring and managing flow (control charts, flow diagrams)
- Managing business risk and Making policies explicit (classes of service)
- Managing change and collaborative improvement
- Scaling Business Agility across organizations in evolutionary fashion
The class curriculum is based on the work of David J. Anderson, pioneer of the Kanban Method, and author of the definitive book, Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for your Technology Business.
Participants will learn how to design a kanban system and initiate change with Kanban. They will learn the basic concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. At the end of the course you will be able to design a Kanban system and experience in practice how to use Kanban to improve capabilities of your organization, e.g. shorter and more predictable delivery times, better risk management, increased trust and continuous improvement.
Discover the advantages of using Kanban by attending this 2-day course, which is a thorough introduction to David J. Anderson’s Kanban method. During two days you will learn how Kanban is used to analyse and improve your system, and explore how you can benefit from it in practice.
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban ebook will be provided upon registration. Prior attendance at a Team Kanban Practitioner 1-day course is recommended but not required.
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
This course satisfies one requirement toward the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation. The KMP Foundations II: Kanban Management Professional class will complete the KMP status requirement.
Mike Leber, Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT), works as a Management Consultant, Lean & Agile as well as business coach with Agile Experts e.U. Having more than 25 years experience as a manager, IT consultant and coach with large international groups as well as with smaller teams and mature startups, Mike is well prepared to enrich his classes with hands-on advise and rich learning stories. Mike is an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) of LeanKanban University and also a Scrum Trainer, Management 3.0 and Lean Change Facilitator. Mikes passion is with topics such as leadership, innovation, design thinking and new ways for change management and the growth of highly adaptive “Learning Organizations”. His experience applying Lean and Agile with large IT and industrial organizations since many years feeds a deep learning experience. This is extended with a growing record from work with creative agencies, non-IT departments and diverse industries. In addition Mike is a recognized speaker at international conferences on Lean & Agile.
Your Ticket Options
Online bookings are not available for this event.
Need other payment options? Drop us your email about your needs!