Dive deep on Kanban – the Alternative Path to Agility. Together with a KMP I Foundation class earn your Kanban Management Professional Designation.
Kanban Management Professional (KMP II)
An Advanced Kanban training class, certified via Lean Kanban University
The KMP II class focuses on the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organization and how to manage and evolve it over time without trauma.
Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and cadences. The class also covers recommended meetings, handling metrics, and setting policy.
Finishing this class together with prior attendance of a KMP I class you are eligible to receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP II) designation.
Course Content covered during the 2 days:
- Building an Information Flow: the 7 Cadences
- Dealing with resistance to WIP limits
- Understand asymmetrical commitment
- Rollout phases for a kanban initiative
- Developing a service orientation
- Kanban Values: a different approach to introducing kanban
- Scumban case study
- Managing evolutionary change
Attendees are expected to have read the Kanban book by David J Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. The Kanban ebook will be provided upon registration.
Prior attendance at KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design or any previous Lean Kanban University Foundations-level class such as Getting Started with Kanban or Certified Kanban Practitioner is preferred (required to achieve the KMP status — see below).
This class is for people who currently use a Kanban system, or have prior experience with Kanban, or who are in the KMP training series currently, and/or who have consulting clients who use Kanban.
- Certificate of Completion of Lean Kanban University Certified Kanban Training, digital format
- Membership in Lean Kanban University and a listing in the LKU Alumni Directory.
- KMP status recognition, upon completion of all qualifying classes (see “KMP qualification”)
This course, following completion of the KMP Foundations I: Kanban System Design class, satisfies the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) designation requirement. Attendees will receive the following recognition:
- Digital KMP status certificate attached to Lean Kanban University website profile
- KMP badge on the LKU website
- KMP badge file for use in professional websites, business cards and other locations
- Eligibility for special invitations, discounts, and content only available to LKU members
Mike Leber works as a Management Consultant, Lean & Agile as well as business coach with Agile Experts e.U. Having more than 25 years experience as a manager, IT consultant and coach with large international groups as well as with smaller teams and mature startups, Mike is well prepared to enrich his classes with hands-on advise and rich learning stories. Mike is an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) of LeanKanban University and also a Scrum Trainer, Management 3.0 and Lean Change Facilitator. Mikes passion is with topics such as leadership, innovation, design thinking and new ways for change management and the growth of highly adaptive “Learning Organizations”. His experience applying Lean and Agile with large IT and industrial organizations since many years feeds a deep learning experience. This is extended with a growing record from work with creative agencies, non-IT departments and diverse industries. In addition Mike is a recognized speaker at international conferences on Lean & Agile.