Scaling up innovation for valid business models as fast as possible is more critical than ever. Key to success is applying different practices in different stages of the innovation lifecycle.
What works for a new business does not work for a mature one, and vice versa.
In this workshop, you will nosedive in the major good practices for business leaders and product teams, from the moment they have an innovative idea to the day they will scale it up (or screw it up).
Everything depends on the lifecycle stage of the product or service.
This workshop draws from a diverse variety of participants such as Coaches, Consultants, Team managers, Business leaders. And of course Product designers, Product developers, Product managers, and also Project managers or Human resource managers.
In this workshop you will experience tools. But the workshop is about way more – it is about how the set of latest innovation tools fits into the larger picture of the innovative, evolving company as a family of business models with individual business life cycles.
This is the perfect starting point for organizations aiming to achieve a coherent approach to a startup and scaleup culture within a corporate environment, with an equal emphasis on both, disruptive and sustaining innovation.
In two days you will learn tons of fresh perspectives for the innovation power of your organization:
- The strategic business model serving as basic unit for innovation
- Appropriate practices for the life cycle if a business model, from exploration and effectiveness towards exploitation and maximizing efficiency
- Collaboration and changing our work as leaders, designers and developers, to create an organization, that can continuously reinvent itself and scale tremendously
Workshop Day 1
- Business Lifecycle: Change and Business Agility. Understanding and designing the Business Lifecycle, from idea via fit towards scaling.
- Business Quilt: Business Model Canvas and Lean Canvas. in der Praxis. Appropriate product strategies for the right context and time.
- Innovation Vortex: 7 Streams of innovation and product cycle. From problem understanding to customer understanding.
Workshop Day 2
- Agile Way of Working: Understanding the Operating System for successful product organizations. From Agile & Lean towards impact & Business Agility.
- Purpose & Objectives: Business vision, identity and adaptive performance management (OKRs, North Star Metrics and Business Alignment)
- Performance & Metrics: Creating a modern cockpit to steer the business towards maximum impact
- The Innovation Funnel: Business-wide leadership system for innovation, funding and creativity.
- Innovation Mindset: Fostering and sustaining a culture of continuous innovation
This workshop is highly interactive and uses various tools, games and exercises.
Included with Your Workshop Package:
- Jurgen Appelo’s new book “Startup, Scaleup, Screwup”
- All Shiftup Workshop material (electronic format)
- Brand-new supplemental material regarding the topics of Business Agility
- Photo minutes as follow-up (electronic format)
- Rich snacks during breaks as well as lunch
Having successfully finished this workshop participants are entitled to qualify for ICAgile Certification (Certified Professional in Business Agility Foundations, for more details see: ICP-BAF >).
In addition to this we envisage a complete path towards a Certified Business Agility & Innovation Leader in the future. This will be a certificate available only via concrete practical application and corresponding reflection.
Your Workshop Facilitator
Mike Leber is a pioneer in the field of agile methods, agile ways of working and the emerging topic of Business Agility.
As Executive Consultant and Enterprise Agile Coach he works with large corporate organizations as well as with mature startups on their way towards sustainable agility and innovation with impact.
Mike publishes frequently about the various aspects of Business Agility, co-chairs the International Business Agility Conference in Vienna and talks regularly at international conferences.